Friends of Farset
If you’re not in a position to make regular use of the space but still want to support us, consider signing up as a Friend of Farset! Your donations will go towards the upkeep of the space and it’s community and if you want to support anything in particular, you can say so in the form!
Friends of Farset are welcome to attend most Farset events 1 and can always avail of the £5 day passes if they find themselves in need of workspace! If you are coming down, please remember to sign the GuestBook at reception when you come in!
Please contact us if you’d like to make a BACS payment
Farset Labs gladly accepts donations of interesting and useful equipment, however to ensure the safety and efficiency of the space, there is a review process for these.
Please do not dump donations on a free desk in the space
This process generally consists of three (or four) stages:
- Read the Hardware Donation Licence and decide what restrictions if any you would like to put on your donations. This ranges from “Do what thou wilt” to “Do not disassemble, only to be used on [project], must be returned with 30 days notice”
- (Optional) Post on the appropriate Discourse thread to gauge the demand for particular items
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of what you would like to donate
- A decision will be taken by the Directors and the Project / Facilities NEMs wether to accept or reject your donation, and arrangements will be made to collect / store the equipment.
The this decision will be made with the following factors in mind:
- Safety of storage and use in the space
- Usefulness of equipment for projects and events
- Space required for storage
Donations / Loans to other members / projects
If a piece of equipment is being brought into the space for use by a particular member or on a particular project temporarily and is not being donated to Farset Labs itself, this process can be reduced to posting on the discourse thread and looking for someone to take responsibility for the equipment and it’s storage in their own personal project storage space.
Unless Farset Labs’ Directors and/or Project / Facilities NEMs directly acknowledge and accept the donation or storage of equipment via email, Farset Labs bears no responsibility to the use of that equipment and cannot be held liable for any misuse / damage incurred
Some events requiring the purchase of specialised equipment and/or parts may require a supplementary fee to participate ↩