About Farset Labs
Who We Are
We are an open community of students, professionals, academics, freelancers, artists, hackers, and organizers that believe strongly in experimental learning and the Do-It-Yourself ethic. We facilitate technology initiatives and encourage hands-on learning by maintaining a workshop and creative space that is available to members. We maintain an inclusive membership policy, and strive to apply the principles of the open-software and open-hardware movements within our design policies.
The space is available to members 24/7 but if you would like to pop in, give us a shout on Twitter or Slack to see if anyone is about!
Current Management Board
Farsets Directors are legally, fiscally, and socially responsible for the strategic health and operation of the Labs.
Artemiy Kondratiev, Chair
Director (2018 - )
Software engineer, public speaker and event organiser.
Colin Mitchell, Secretary
Director (2016 - )
Business Technology Advisor, interim CTO & troubleshooter/causer, hands-on code-tweaker, occasional blues guitarist.
Non Executive Managers
Non-Executive Managers (NEMs) are the primary Points of Contact (PoC) for certain areas, equipment, and activities within the day-to-day operation of the space.
Farset Labs Former Officers
All former officers are listed with last office held:
- Ellen Murray: Director/Founder (2011-2013)
- Ben Bland: Director (2013-2014)
- Rachel Gregg: Community NEM (2014-2015)
- Matt Hazley: Projects NEM (2015)
- Ben Bland: Development NEM (2014-2016)
- Pip Shea: Director (2015-2016)
- Conor Robinson: Director (2014-2016)
- Andrew Mulholland: Outreach NEM (2015-2018)
- Colin Kelsey: Facilities NEM (2015-2018)
- Zoe Gadon-Thompson: Outreach NEM (2018-2019)
- David Kane: Director/Founder (2011-2020)
- Daniel Porter: Digital Infrastructure NEM (2014 - 2020)
- Claire Wilgar: Community NEM (2015 - 2020)
- Glenn Davidson: Events NEM (2014 - 2022)
- Phil Weir: Co-working NEM (2018 - 2022)
- Dylan Wylie: Director (2013 - 2022)
Farset Labs would like to thank our membership for making the world a more interesting place.
We would like to thank our corporate members, who are actively encouraging the next generation of experimenters and revolutionaries; Tibus Connect, and Weavers Court Business Park, for believing in us from day one.